Powell Butte - Family Hiking Trail Packet
The best gift for a Portland kid? A trail packet made by Super Nature Adventures!
The Powell Butte trail packet is a celebration of two kinds of natural wonders: Volcanoes and Grassland Habitats. What better place than an extinct volcano for kids to explore nature at both its grandest and most intimate?
The packet focuses on a 1.3 mile trail loop to the park’s “Mountain Finder” lookout, where families can use their field guides to learn more about the butte and surrounding peaks within view. The field guide and scavenger map makes the adventure extra special with activities about geology, butterflies, grassland habitats, and more.
The result is a memory making experience in Portland's second largest park.
- Trail Map for 1.3 mile loop to the “Mountain Finder” lookout and back.
- Nature Find Scavenger Stickers focusing on butterflies, wildflowers, ladybugs, snakes, and slugs
- Field Guide with activities about grassland habitats and geology.
- All maps & stickers are made with waterproof material.
- Every packet also includes a special “Code of the Trail” to support families as they prepare their kids for the trail, and a special Super Nature Hero sticker to collect.
- Created by Portland parents and tested by Portland kids!