Illustoria Magazine – Issue #5
Illustoria is a quarterly print magazine for creative kids & their grownups. It celebrates visual storytelling, makers, and DIY culture through stories, art, comics, interviews, crafts and activities.
Great for kids ages 6-12 and the young at heart.
Issue #5, the Motion Issue features an impressive roster of talent including Rad Women Worldwide creators Kate Schatz and Miriam Klein Stahl. In this issue we explore motion in all different forms:
- the movement of sea creatures at the aquarium, the gallop of horses, journeys into space and fantastical worlds, the capturing of motion through art and photography, and even the progressive, forward-movement of trailblazers and activists.
- Read comics about Henri Matisse, Madeleine L'Engle, and Eadweard Muybridge.
- Learn about the history of and alchemical properties of the color vermilion.
- Make Victorian-era thaumatropes (a simple paper-and-string animation toy), a flip-book, ice-cream in a bag, and enjoy so much more that will delight the senses in the form of comics, illustrated stories, book recommendations, a playlist and recipe, coloring pages, and activities.
Each issue of Illustoria features:
- the creative original work of dozens of contributors (artists, storytellers, performers, makers)
- quality DIY activities for kids
- music & book reviews
- a recipe
- high-quality, recycled paper stock & soy-based inks
- a fun way to engage across generations
- zero ads
Specs: full-color, 64 pages + matte cover stock, 8.5" x 10.5"