Bridal Veil Falls - Columbia River Gorge Family Adventure Packet
Family friendly hiking in the Columbia River Gorge? Yes, please! We love this family adventure packet curated by our friends at Super Nature Adventures.
Bridal Veil Falls Scenic Point is the perfect introduction to the beauty and grandeur of the Columbia River Gorge. The park’s two short trails (each less than 1 mile) make it possible for families with younger kids to have access to incredible views of the Columbia River, the gorge’s temperate rainforests, and one of the area’s most remarkable waterfalls.
At 120 feet, Bridal Veil Falls is a sight to behold. Use one of the packet’s two maps to access views of the falls. The other map in the packet will take you along a paved overlook trail, where you’ll have multiple opportunities to gaze up and down the Columbia River and across, to Washington, where you’ll see some of the Gorge’s most distinctive basalt walls.
With the stickers, kids can go on a scavenger hunt along these trails for mushrooms, squirrels, slugs, and other forest wonders.
The included hands-on Field Guide helps kids learn all about the Gorge. Discover how the Gorge was formed and learn how many “elephants tall” popular Multnomah Falls is.
Created to help kids better understand the impact of recent wildfires, this Field Guide also includes material about wildfire safety, and how the areas in the Gorge affected by recent wildfires are beginning to recover.
We love these hand-illustrated packets, complete with waterproof maps and stickers - making them perfect for year-round use. Perfect for kids ages 4-11.
- Two 11x17" Trail Maps (hand-illustrated, waterproof paper) - the Waterfall Trail (2/3 mile, moderate incline) and Overlook Trail (1/2 mile, level, paved)
- 1 set of 24 hand-illustrated stickers of squirrels, fungi, spiders, slugs, and the like
- 1 16-page hands-on Field Guide (hand-illustrated), with activities about Gorge geology and ecosystems, waterfalls, ferns, and wildfire recovery and safety
- 1 Super Nature Hero “Code of the Trail" to help instill best hiking practices
- 1 Super Nature Hero Sticker
Created by Portland parents and tested by Portland kids!