Illustoria Magazine – Issue #6
Illustoria is a quarterly print magazine for creative kids & their grownups. It celebrates visual storytelling, makers, and DIY culture through stories, art, comics, interviews, crafts and activities.
Great for kids ages 6-12 and the young at heart.
Issue #6 - The Symbols Issue explores how we find meaning in letters, shapes, objects, and more through stories, comics, interviews, and activities that will get you seeing with fresh eyes. This issue features:
- Yuko Higuchi, the brilliant cult artist known for her "dark kawaii" artwork;
- Shawn Harris, on drawing Her Right Foot, written by Dave Eggers;
- a stunning comic by issue 6 cover artist Marina Muun,
- The Rock Garden, an ode to the preservation of history alongside the progress of modern architecture;
- the next segment in the popular Literary Giants as Kids series, featuring Dr. Seuss;
- a beautifully illustrated story on The Quiltmakers of Gee's Bend;
- DIY CD mandalas;
- the always gorgeous artwork and informative text in the Brief History of Color series, featuring Yellow Ochre;
- a tasty recipe for veggie curry;
- DIY cursive letters;
- collectable cut-out tarot cards; a
- nd the usual book recommendations, art supply reviews, music playlist, and so much more that you've come to enjoy and expect from Illustoria.
Each issue features:
- the creative original work of dozens of contributors (artists, storytellers, performers, chefs, makers)
- quality DIY activities for kids
- music & book reviews
- a recipe, coloring pages, and drawing and writing activities
- high-quality, recycled paper stock & soy-based inks
- a fun way to engage across generations
Specs: full-color, 64 pages + matte cover stock, 8.5" x 10.5"