Illustoria Magazine – Issue #7
Illustoria is a quarterly print magazine for creative kids & their grownups. It celebrates visual storytelling, makers, and DIY culture through stories, art, comics, interviews, crafts and activities.
Great for kids ages 6-12 and the young at heart.
Issue #7: Black & White delves into the world of shadow and light with bold stories and comics that will have kids & grownups dreaming up the infinite possibilities of a bottle of ink and a brush. Includes:
- Acclaimed illustrator Rebecca Green graces the cover with an adorable animal portrait scene, and shares her artistic process in a full length interview.
- Obsess over the pets of your favorite Literary Giants by our Creative Director Elizabeth Haidle;
- find an interview with and fall in love with the illustrations of award-winning artist and writer Paul Madonna;
- learn about black & white pigments in The Brief History of Black and White by Alexis Joseph and Lindsay Stripling;
- swoon over a super sweet comic by and Q & Artist interview with children's book author & illustrator Basak Agaoglu;
- make your very own herb salve, thirst quenching horchata, concrete poetry pop-up book, and shadow puppet theatre;
- and delight over tons of comics, stories, and coloring pages in this packed issue!
Each issue features:
- the creative original work of dozens of contributors (artists, storytellers, performers, chefs, makers)
- quality DIY activities for kids
- music & book reviews
- a recipe, coloring pages, and drawing and writing activities
- high-quality, recycled paper stock & soy-based inks
- a fun way to engage across generations
Specs: full-color, 64 pages + matte cover stock, 8.5" x 10.5"