Portrait of an Artist: Claude Monet
Claude Monet is one of the best loved artists of all time. Find out how this special young painter strove to capture light and feeling in his paintings and how together with a group of talented friends, he came to start the most famous art movement of all time, Impressionism. In his long life he experienced war and heartbreak, love and the joy of family. See how his life shaped each piece of art he made and that throughout it all he never stopped trying to paint the ever changing light and glimmering water. In the end he built himself a garden filled with both, with waterlilies floating on dappled ponds setting the scene for his last, infamous masterpieces.
A Monet masterpiece is featured on every spread, and the book includes a closer look at 10 of his masterpieces.
- Written by Lucy Brownridge, Illustrated by Caroline Bonne-Müller
- Published by Wide Eyed Editions
- Hardback, 32 pages
- Published January 7, 2020
- An excellent introduction to art and its importance to our world
- Target age group: 7 to 10