Tryon Creek State Park Trail Packet
The best gift for a Portland kid? A trail packet made by Super Nature Adventures! This pack is all about Tryon Creek State Park, located in SW Portland.
The mighty tree is the star of the Tryon Creek family trail packet. The park's lush second growth forest makes it the ideal place to explore the life and ecosystems of trees and stumps.
A scavenger map takes you through a 1.4 mile trail loop that passes by several distinctive stumps as it travels over the creek and back. Kids can use the scavenger stickers to mark such forest discoveries as slugs, woodpeckers, squirrels, and snails. In the Field Guide, activities encourage kids to explore the stumps up close.
- Trail Map for 1.4 mile loop across a creek, through lush green second growth forest
- Nature Find Scavenger Stickers focusing on slugs, woodpeckers, squirrels, and snails
- Field Guide with activities about stump and forest habitats.
- All maps & stickers are made with waterproof material.
- Every packet also includes a special “Code of the Trail” to support families as they prepare their kids for the trail, and a special Super Nature Hero sticker to collect.
- Created by Portland parents and tested by Portland kids